Monday, August 18, 2008

TWIN PUPS PLAYING

Hey ya hounders,

This is J.E.B. in charge. Ya no, us Bumpass Hounds all love going swimming and playing in the water. Well, maybe not Homer J. too much. I love it when Dad sets up the big blue plastic food bowl and fills it with water for us to play in. I love to get all wet by lying down in the big blue bowl and then going out to the dirt and rolling around there and then coming back to the big blue bowl and doing it all over again. The Newfs like to do that to cept Shiloh drinks the big blue bowl empty. It feels good to roll around on the patio after you get wet and roll in the dirt. Once Dad thought that I was a Black Lab Retriever stead of a Golden Retriever; I sure fooled him that day. Anyway, most all of us dogs love to play in the water and just like you people pups out there, we like to play in the grass sprinkler too. We found this U tube video about 2 twin puppies playing in a sprinkler up in A Laska place with their Mom watching over them while they played; safety first I always say. They must be some kind of Newfs like Max and Shiloh cuz they is real big dogs; even bigger than M&S. The Mom dog is stupendous gigantic, like bigger than a house even. Our Mom and Dad really like this video and wanted me to share it with everybody just in case y'all hain't seed it yet. Well, that is about all for this morning. Y'all have a good day and be kind to animals and one another. OBTW, hi to faithful reader Brenda L. and the rest of the GCC gang; Mom sez she misses y'all. Your buddy, - J.E.B. and all the rest of The Bumpass Hounds (Homer J. - Jubal - Shelby - Jack - Abby - Max - Shiloh - Alex - Boru & Jenny)
TWO BIG UGLY PUPS PLAYING IN A LASKA SPRINKLER

NOW, WASN'T THAT JUST PRECIOUS?
About the music in the video:
It's Allison Krauss and Union Station
========================================
Y'all remember that we can't do a lot of things for ourselves and that we depend on you to make our life a quality life!
A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS

1. My life is likely to last only 10-15 years at the most. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

~Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them.

~Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God's critters.

~Now please pass this on to other pet owners. We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs!
====================
Max: Hey Shiloh, what's black and white and red all over?
Shiloh: A sunburnt zebra?
Max: Nope.
Shiloh: A sunburnt Max or Shiloh?
Max: No.
Shiloh: I don't know. What is black and white and red all over?
Max: A newspaper dummy.
Shiloh: Do they make dummies out of newspaper?

1 comment:

Lenny said...

Hey Bumpass Crew!
Good news - you have a big medal winner in the competition today! Congratulations!!! Also, the "Dogs' Choice" Awards will be announced on the last day of the competition, and Max may want to check that out. :)
Your friend, Lenny

FOR CHANCE, GORDON, HOMER, RADAR, SPENCER, CHANDLER, MAXDOG, LUKE & BLUE, AND SO MANY OTHERS.

National Canine Cancer Foundation

STEP UP TO ADOPT A PET

If you can, please consider opening your home to a homeless animal, preferably a dog or cat or other domesticated animal; livestock does better on farms and wild animals do better in zoos and parks. Your local Humane Society or SPCA or Animal Shelter has a wide selection of could be, should be, pets looking for new homes. If you can't adopt, perhaps you can at least become a sponsor. We'll show you how to help out Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary (AHGRRS) on our blog page, but you can help out any organization of your choice, but please help; contribute or volunteer.
- The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

PLEASE HELP SPONSOR A SENIOR OR SPECIAL NEEDS GOLDEN

CAN'T ADOPT; BECOME AN ANGEL.
So many Senior and Special Needs Goldens do not find "forever homes". Many of these dogs have above average medical needs and costs, are maintained on "special" diets, or have other extraordinary needs. Your donations can be targeted towards a particular Senior or Special needs Golden Retriever. As a sponsor, you will receive updates about your "special" Golden, and will be mentioned in our quarterly newsletter as the dog's sponsor. We also accept Paypal donations. Please keep in mind that we are a non-profit organization and that your donation is fully tax-deductible. Please just write the Golden's name in the memo line of your check or Paypal submission when sponsoring a Golden Retriever.

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT
Recommended by Boru; what more need we say?

TAKE THE PLEDGE

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

GORDON'S PHOTO ALBUM SLIDESHOW

Total Pageviews

BUMPASS HOUNDS PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones