Monday, January 12, 2009

SOPHIE'S NEWS

Hello Everyone,
It's me, Sophie, with some news about me. I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news really isn't as bad as it could be. Mom and dad took me up to Doc's yesterday to get weighed. I was 117 2 weeks ago but we've had lots of food falling around the house over the HollyDaze. Dad wasn't too optimistic but was hoping for some continued weight loss; he didn't get it. HOWEVER, I didn't gain anything; I weighed in at 117 again. I've hit a dreaded plateau. Dad said that isn't unexpected. he said that he'd cut me back a little more and see if he and mom can work in some more exercise for me (and them). Mom goes back to LVT school tomorrow so it'll be hard for her to walk me so i guess dad will have to sacrifice for my well being. On the way back from my weigh-in dad took me in to Pet Smart. he needed to buy a new flea comb and he took me in with him. He let me pick out my own new toy. This is my first toy of my own since I moved in here; all the toys here are Jubal's and let's the rest of us play with them. Anyway, I showed my new toy to lots of nice people in the store cuz dad let me carry it around. I played with it in the car on the way home and when we got home I proudly showed it off to the rest of the pack. Of course Jubal wanted to add it to his collection but me, mom and dad said no. Dad took some pictures of me playing with my toy. I guess that I may have been just a teenie bit "aggressive " with my chewing but SO WHAT, it's my toy and I love it. It's not as heavy as it was when we got it.
- Sophie

<-- Sophie with her new toy -->








3 comments:

Tracey and Huffle said...

Hey Sophie, at least you didn't put any weight on! It's very exciting that you got a new toy too.

Huffle Mawson

Gus said...

Sophie: I like the weight loss plan you have your new stuffie on...but think it might be a bit too radical to try on doggies.

Good luck in your quest


gussie

Homer said...

Hey Sophie,

Everyone's putting on weight over the estive seasons so don't worry! Maybe that can be your new year resolution??

Love,
Homer

FOR CHANCE, GORDON, HOMER, RADAR, SPENCER, CHANDLER, MAXDOG, LUKE & BLUE, AND SO MANY OTHERS.

National Canine Cancer Foundation

STEP UP TO ADOPT A PET

If you can, please consider opening your home to a homeless animal, preferably a dog or cat or other domesticated animal; livestock does better on farms and wild animals do better in zoos and parks. Your local Humane Society or SPCA or Animal Shelter has a wide selection of could be, should be, pets looking for new homes. If you can't adopt, perhaps you can at least become a sponsor. We'll show you how to help out Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary (AHGRRS) on our blog page, but you can help out any organization of your choice, but please help; contribute or volunteer.
- The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

PLEASE HELP SPONSOR A SENIOR OR SPECIAL NEEDS GOLDEN

CAN'T ADOPT; BECOME AN ANGEL.
So many Senior and Special Needs Goldens do not find "forever homes". Many of these dogs have above average medical needs and costs, are maintained on "special" diets, or have other extraordinary needs. Your donations can be targeted towards a particular Senior or Special needs Golden Retriever. As a sponsor, you will receive updates about your "special" Golden, and will be mentioned in our quarterly newsletter as the dog's sponsor. We also accept Paypal donations. Please keep in mind that we are a non-profit organization and that your donation is fully tax-deductible. Please just write the Golden's name in the memo line of your check or Paypal submission when sponsoring a Golden Retriever.

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT
Recommended by Boru; what more need we say?

TAKE THE PLEDGE

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

GORDON'S PHOTO ALBUM SLIDESHOW

Total Pageviews

BUMPASS HOUNDS PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones