Monday, February 2, 2009

TOOT-TOOT. I'M BLOWING MY OWN HORN!

Hey Hounders! It's Sophie (a.k.a. Sofa-dof) here to announce the good news. As some of you may know from my introduction and previous postings in early December and late December and again in January, I, along with a lot of other American peeps and animals, have a bit of a weight problem. I weighed 147 pounds in June of 2008. I was taken in to foster care in early October at 132 pounds; I was on a diet and had lost 15 pounds. My foster mom said that I wasn't fat; more like I was morbidly obese. My new dad set up a weight goal schedule of 1 pound a week and started it at 147 pounds on June 1, 2008. Now he takes me in to Doc Witter's hospital every couple of weeks to get me weighed. This chart shows the progress that I have made so far.

DATE - Goal - My Weight
6/1/08 - 147 - 147 (Start Point)
10/4/08 - 129 - 132 (Foster Point)
10/25/08 - 126 - 128
11/8/08 - 124 - 124
11/22/08 - 122 - 122
12/13/08 - 118 - 120
12/27/08 - 116 - 117
1/10/09 - 114 - 117

Well, my dad changed me over to Purina "OM" weight management dry kibble that he bought at Doc Witter's. He also cut my kibble to one cup a day but added 2 cups of fresh uncut, green string beans; split into a morning and evening feeding. I really like the string beans (unfortunately, so does Boru). Last Saturday was a weigh in day and according to dad's projected schedule my goal weight for last Saturday was 111 pounds. Here are the results:


1/31/09 - 111 - 110


How about them apples, friends and neighbors. Dad was so excited that he called mom right away, I could here her yelling excitedly over dad's cell phone. I have lost 37 pounds since June and 22 pounds since becoming a Bumpass Hound. (22 pounds is about the equivalent weight of one Boru or one Alex or two Jennys.) Dad and mom both tell me that they are very proud that I'm doing so well. I feel good too, I've got lots more energy and don't have anywhere near as much trouble negotiating the front porch stairs. I had a very good day and I think I have stick-to-it-ness. I am one svelte chick and getting sveltier. Check out my sveltness in the below photo. So what do you guys think? Is it OK for me to toot my own horn?
- Sophie of The Bumpass Hounds

SVELTE SOPHIE


We hope that our friend Spencer is OK and that he has a good day today; and tomorrow and the next day.

We love you Spencer.

3 comments:

Gus said...

Sophie, you are lookin' real sexy...what a great transformation!


gussie

Ms. ~K said...

Wroooo, wroooo-look at you!!!
You look maaaaahvelous!!!!
Licks,
Zack, Sassy and Buddy

Tracey and Huffle said...

Talk about a supermodel!

Huffle Mawson

FOR CHANCE, GORDON, HOMER, RADAR, SPENCER, CHANDLER, MAXDOG, LUKE & BLUE, AND SO MANY OTHERS.

National Canine Cancer Foundation

STEP UP TO ADOPT A PET

If you can, please consider opening your home to a homeless animal, preferably a dog or cat or other domesticated animal; livestock does better on farms and wild animals do better in zoos and parks. Your local Humane Society or SPCA or Animal Shelter has a wide selection of could be, should be, pets looking for new homes. If you can't adopt, perhaps you can at least become a sponsor. We'll show you how to help out Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary (AHGRRS) on our blog page, but you can help out any organization of your choice, but please help; contribute or volunteer.
- The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

PLEASE HELP SPONSOR A SENIOR OR SPECIAL NEEDS GOLDEN

CAN'T ADOPT; BECOME AN ANGEL.
So many Senior and Special Needs Goldens do not find "forever homes". Many of these dogs have above average medical needs and costs, are maintained on "special" diets, or have other extraordinary needs. Your donations can be targeted towards a particular Senior or Special needs Golden Retriever. As a sponsor, you will receive updates about your "special" Golden, and will be mentioned in our quarterly newsletter as the dog's sponsor. We also accept Paypal donations. Please keep in mind that we are a non-profit organization and that your donation is fully tax-deductible. Please just write the Golden's name in the memo line of your check or Paypal submission when sponsoring a Golden Retriever.

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT
Recommended by Boru; what more need we say?

TAKE THE PLEDGE

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

GORDON'S PHOTO ALBUM SLIDESHOW

Total Pageviews

BUMPASS HOUNDS PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones