Friday, March 20, 2009

FRIDAY NEWS & MEET MAX

Hey Hounders,
Homer J. here with some great news. There is a great new blog up and running from Spencer's HM (Michelle) and HD (Sangtar). We all loved Spencer when he was with us and we all remember his as a Great Blog Friend. This is what Spencers human say on his blog site that is very exciting. We stole it so you can read it here, hopefully they won't sue us:
"Hello everyone, Spencer’s humans here. We just wanted to say very big, heartfelt “Thank You” for the outpouring of love and support we have received from so many during our time of mourning. All your cards, messages and e-mails have brought us so many smiles and have helped heal our hearts. Not a day goes by that we don’t have many wonderful memories of Spencer. Although he is gone, we we will never forget our Golden boy who touched our lives in a very special way.
We have begun fostering homeless Goldens again and know that one day we will adopt another loving soul into our family. After much thought, I have decided to leave Spencer’s blog alone as a tribute to his life and have started a new blog to share our further adventures. If you’d like to visit us, you can find us at
Dog By Nature.
I have also begun a photo blog, Open Shutter, having been encouraged by many of Spencer’s friends comments on his photos.
Smile at someone random today and live each day to it’s fullest in Spencer’s spirit.
Much love to you all.
PS:
Our friend Eva over at
ALilSumptinSumptin has made some beautiful jewelry in Spencer’s memory and is donating 50% of the proceeds to the National Canine Cancer Foundation in Spencer’s name."
We strongly suggest that you check out Dog By Nature ASAP or PDQ, whichever occurs first. We are very glad that HM and HD are back. - Homer J and The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties
_________________________________________
CHECK THIS OUT, IT'S GREAT:
_________________________________________

MAX

"THE BLUE MAX"

MAX: THE EARLY DAYS:
My turn. My turn. My turn. IT'S MY TURN. This is Max, over. Anybody out there? I'm just about to turn 23 months old. That's my very handsome portrait up on top, dad calls it The Blue Max, probably because it has a lot of blue color and my name is Max. In the side margin photos, I'm the distinguished looking black & white dog, not the lazy looking one lying down. I'm a Newfoundland dog, well more specifically, I'm a Landseer. Here in America us Landseers are part of the Newfoundland Dog breed, but across the pond (the big Atlantic pond) we are our own breed. So it all depends on where you are looking at us from. But I digress. For some reason known only to her (certainly not to dad), mom wanted to get a Newfoundland water dog once they (mom & dad) moved down here by Lake Anna, here in ole Virginia. They already had a boring brood of Golden Retrievers but the Goldens didn't provide the degree of excitement and surprises that us bigger canines are capable of providing. So late in the spring of 2007, mom started searching on the Internet for a Newfoundland breeder in the central Virginia area (How am I doing?). She came across Brookstone Newfoundlands in Chesterfield, VA. I was born in April 2007. My dad is Falco, a rather striking young stud whom I obviously take after, and my mom is Shiloh; you can see them there on the Brookstone Newfoundlands website. Ah, how do I insert one of my baby puppy pictures (as opposed to my big puppy picture)? Oh yeah, I remember. This is me when I was little. Wasn't I a cute little guy? Kinda look like a teeny weeny Holstein; moooooooooooo. My dog mom, Shiloh, had 7 of us on April 21, 2007; 1 Landseer Female, 2 Landseer Males, 2 Black Females & 2 Black Males. Looking over the family album, I believe that I was the cutest, most handsome and most promising of the brood. When I was about 2 months old, mom and dad came down to Chesterfield to pick me out. Well they didn't know that they were gonna pick me, but since dad wanted a Landseer, I had at least a 33.3% chance and since mom wanted a yucky boy dog my probability of being chosen actually rose and stabilized at 50%. I had to strut my stuff to impress mom and make sure that she would choose me to take home with her. That's me strutting my stuff for mom in the picture right over there to the left. I must've strutted pretty awesomely 'cause I got picked. I wasn't ready to actually leave Brookstone yet so mom & dad had to wait another couple of weeks before I was old enough to strike out on my own, with their help, to face the challenges of the world.
-MAX

IF YOU ARE FROM ARIZONA WE NEED YOUR HELP.
We're trying to get at least one guest book entry from each of the 50 United States and D.C. and one from as many different countries as we can. We'd appreciate you helping us out; leave a photo if possible. Thanks to Alicia Andrus we now have Alaska. Thanks to Deetz, we now have Totoland (Kansas), so as of 19 March 09 we still need the following 26 states: AZ, AR, DE, HI, ID, IN, IA, KY, LA, ME, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, ND, OK, RI, SD, UT, WV, WI. If you're from one of these states, please sign our guest book. If you have a friend in one of these states could you please get them to visit us and sign our book.
We remember our friend Spencer. Via con Dios Spencer.

8 comments:

Gandalf and Grayson said...

Spenser looked like he was quite a special dog. Max, you are one gorjuss creature! Mom use to have a newfie that lived next door to her. You must be impressively ginormous, too!

Tracey and Huffle said...

I think I am the same size as half of Max's head. But what an adorable pup!

Huffle Mawson

kingsley said...

Max.. you were such a cute puppy!!

no wonder mum fell for you.

Gus said...

Dear Max (and all the rest of the Bumpasses) Thank you for telling your puppy story. Muzzer thinks you newfies are regal and majestic. Dad says she can't have any dog that weighs more than she does. So they got me instead!

gussie

GoldenSamantha said...

Max is just adorable and thank you for posting Spencer's parents' blogs - I did see that post and think often of beautiful and amazing Spencer. I want to thank you so much for your kind comments - Sam must be in prep right now for the surgery. Will let you all know how she is later or tomorrow.
xo Miche aka Sam's Mom

Homer said...

Awwww Max, the photos of you when you were a puppy are soooo cute!

Love,
Homer

Anonymous said...

Max, you are a very handsome fellow! You must be quite a good boy too, if a four foot fence keeps you in. I had a moderate sized Great Pyrenees who effortlessly sailed over four foot fences-going up a steep hill too. Now I have a rescued Golden, which is how I found your blog.

Joey said...

Hi Max! It's nice to know all about you - you sure were a cute puppy, and you're a very noble big dog, for sure!

See ya!
Joey

FOR CHANCE, GORDON, HOMER, RADAR, SPENCER, CHANDLER, MAXDOG, LUKE & BLUE, AND SO MANY OTHERS.

National Canine Cancer Foundation

STEP UP TO ADOPT A PET

If you can, please consider opening your home to a homeless animal, preferably a dog or cat or other domesticated animal; livestock does better on farms and wild animals do better in zoos and parks. Your local Humane Society or SPCA or Animal Shelter has a wide selection of could be, should be, pets looking for new homes. If you can't adopt, perhaps you can at least become a sponsor. We'll show you how to help out Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary (AHGRRS) on our blog page, but you can help out any organization of your choice, but please help; contribute or volunteer.
- The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

PLEASE HELP SPONSOR A SENIOR OR SPECIAL NEEDS GOLDEN

CAN'T ADOPT; BECOME AN ANGEL.
So many Senior and Special Needs Goldens do not find "forever homes". Many of these dogs have above average medical needs and costs, are maintained on "special" diets, or have other extraordinary needs. Your donations can be targeted towards a particular Senior or Special needs Golden Retriever. As a sponsor, you will receive updates about your "special" Golden, and will be mentioned in our quarterly newsletter as the dog's sponsor. We also accept Paypal donations. Please keep in mind that we are a non-profit organization and that your donation is fully tax-deductible. Please just write the Golden's name in the memo line of your check or Paypal submission when sponsoring a Golden Retriever.

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT
Recommended by Boru; what more need we say?

TAKE THE PLEDGE

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

GORDON'S PHOTO ALBUM SLIDESHOW

Total Pageviews

BUMPASS HOUNDS PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones