Monday, March 30, 2009

SOPHIE'S BI-WEEKLY WEIGH IN RESULTS

GETTING DOWN, BUT NOT DIRTY.
Hey Y'all,
It's me, Miss Sophie of The Bumpass Hounds. Dad said that I could do the blog today because I have some not so big news. I have hit a plateau on my diet effort. Y'all may remember from previous posts about me that back in June 2008 I weighed 147 lbs. When I came to the Bumpass Hounds in October 2008 I had gotten down to 132 lbs but I was still considered obese by the veterinarians. Mom and dad have me on a Purina OM kibble diet with green string beans and carrots added to make me feel full. The veggies are mostly water though without a lot of caloric value. Well two weeks ago I had a target weight of 105 lbs and I weighed in at 101 lbs; 4 pounds under my target. I had a weigh-in day scheduled this last Saturday and I had a target weight of 103 lbs but I was already below that so I knew I would make target. But I was worried about the 100 lb plateau. I've been in triple digits for a long time so I was anxious. Anyway I went to the vet's with Caitlin and Dad Saturday morning and when I got to CRAH Ms. Jamie greeted me and said I was looking great and she took me in back to get weighed. When she brought me back out front to Caitlin and Dad she made them guess how much I weighed but then told them that I weighed 98.7 lbs. I had broken through the 100 lbs plateau. How about them apples, hounders. I'm down in to double digits. I went for a long walk Sunday afternoon with Caitlin and then later I went for another walk with Dad and Homer J. (all the way). Everyone at home and at CRAH is so happy for me that I feel good about myself too. I can climb the stairs in the house and out front and out back on the deck, and those ones are steep. Dad was worried that my skin wouldn't shrink at as fast a rate as I'm lossing fat and it probably isn't, but it is tightening up. I don't have a lot of flabby skin hanging off me. Doc Witter says he thinks I'll be OK and not to worry about it. Dr. Newman told Jamie at CRAH that she didn't recognize me because I'm so svelte now. I asked Dad to post one of my early Bumpass pictures so y'all can see what I looked like; I was embarassed to show my face, but not anymore. I have a ways to go yet but I know that I can do it with Boru helping me by eating my chow for me so that I don't get too many calories. - Sophie

CAUTION - WIDE LOAD

**************************************************

Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate; now what's going to happen to us with both a Senate and a House? - Will Rogers

7 comments:

Gus said...

Congratulations Miss Sophie! We are very proud of you and Boru. Teka knows the sacrifice that Boru is making. She eats my kibble and treats so that I don't get too substantial. Sigh. We think you look lovely, and enjoy your updates.

gussie

tnbullterrors said...

WOOHOO! Way to go Miss Sophie! Keep up the good work! You should be proud!

Feather, Darla & Pappy, the TN Bull Terrors

GoldenSamantha said...

Miz Sophie! Woof Hoo! That is some disciplined dieting you've been doing and I'm very proud of you. You certainly look tons different than you did a year or so ago! Congratulations and keep going - we'll be looking for updates!
(From me: Hi Annemarie! Put your picture in for caption day and I can't thank you enough! It's so amazingly funny, but almost hard to see, so I gave a little hint that may require some traffic here - Sam/M.)

Allison (Dog Mom) said...

Congwatuwashuns on yur wait loss!! We iz prowd of woo! It iz furry hard to loos wait, so high fives to woo!

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo

Maggie and Mitch said...

Congratulations, Sophie! That is no easy task! We are very proud of you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Tracey and Huffle said...

I am very impressed with your efforts Sophie. Mum wonders if she should start eating beans like that too.

I wonder if Boru would eat my food if he came to visit me.

Huffle Mawson

Homer said...

Hi Sophie,

Missus was telling me that it's easy to lose weight but to maintain it is hard. Anyway, you did a fabulous job on the weight loss thing. You should start doing your own version of Jane Fonda video exercise and put some photos of you 'before' and 'after'. I bet this will make you more famous than Ms. Fonda. Anyway, Missus says she can't live only on carrots and beans 'cos she'll start to get hungry and lose her mind...Oh hum.

Love,
Homer

FOR CHANCE, GORDON, HOMER, RADAR, SPENCER, CHANDLER, MAXDOG, LUKE & BLUE, AND SO MANY OTHERS.

National Canine Cancer Foundation

STEP UP TO ADOPT A PET

If you can, please consider opening your home to a homeless animal, preferably a dog or cat or other domesticated animal; livestock does better on farms and wild animals do better in zoos and parks. Your local Humane Society or SPCA or Animal Shelter has a wide selection of could be, should be, pets looking for new homes. If you can't adopt, perhaps you can at least become a sponsor. We'll show you how to help out Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary (AHGRRS) on our blog page, but you can help out any organization of your choice, but please help; contribute or volunteer.
- The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

PLEASE HELP SPONSOR A SENIOR OR SPECIAL NEEDS GOLDEN

CAN'T ADOPT; BECOME AN ANGEL.
So many Senior and Special Needs Goldens do not find "forever homes". Many of these dogs have above average medical needs and costs, are maintained on "special" diets, or have other extraordinary needs. Your donations can be targeted towards a particular Senior or Special needs Golden Retriever. As a sponsor, you will receive updates about your "special" Golden, and will be mentioned in our quarterly newsletter as the dog's sponsor. We also accept Paypal donations. Please keep in mind that we are a non-profit organization and that your donation is fully tax-deductible. Please just write the Golden's name in the memo line of your check or Paypal submission when sponsoring a Golden Retriever.

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT
Recommended by Boru; what more need we say?

TAKE THE PLEDGE

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

GORDON'S PHOTO ALBUM SLIDESHOW

Total Pageviews

BUMPASS HOUNDS PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones