Sunday, March 1, 2009

SOPHIE'S DIET REPORT

Hey Hounders! It's Sophie (a.k.a. Sofa-dof) here. We still need dogs and/or cats to help us in our quest to get a signature in our guestbook from each of the 50 states. We have had dogs and cats visit our blog from thos estates (like Washington State; i.e. Woos) but not sign our book. We still need 32 states. If you're from one of these 32 states pleae sign our guestbook: AK, AZ, AR, DE, HI, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TN, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI.

Also, I have been asked to announce more good news about my diet progress. As some of you may know from my introduction and previous postings in early December and late December and again in January and February, I, along with a lot of other American peeps and animals, have a weight problem. I weighed 147 pounds in June of 2008. I was taken in to foster care in early October at 132 pounds; I was on a diet and had lost 15 pounds. My new mom said that I wasn't fat; more like I was morbidly obese. My new dad set up a weight goal schedule of 1 pound a week and started it at 147 pounds on June 1, 2008. Now he takes me in to Doc Witter's hospital every couple of weeks to get me weighed. This chart shows the progress that I have made so far:
DATE - Goal - My Weight - Delta
6/1/08 - 147 - 147 (Start Point)
10/4/08 - 129 - 132 (Foster Point) (+3)
10/25/08 - 126 - 128 (+2)
11/8/08 - 124 - 124 Even
11/22/08 - 122 - 122 Even
12/13/08 - 118 - 120 (+2)
12/27/08 - 116 - 117 (+1)
1/10/09 - 114 - 117 (+3)
1/31/09 - 111 - 110 (-1)
2/14/09 - 109 - 108 (-1)
2/28/09 - 107 - 105 (-2)

My diet food is Purina "OM" weight management dry kibble from our vet's office (Doc Witter's). Dad feeds me one cup of "OM" kibble a day with 2 cups of fresh uncut, green string beans and small carrot sticks (6 per meal); he splits the food evenly into a morning and evening feeding. I really like the string beans (unfortunately, so does Boru). dad puts the carrots in 1 cup of water with 2 tablespoons of doggie gravy and zaps in in the microwave for 3 minutes and puts it on my kibble with the carrots and string beans; I love it. I have lost 42 pounds since June and 27 pounds since becoming a Bumpass Hound 27 lbs is more than the weight of one Boru or one Alex or two Jennys; maybe not quite as much as a Max or Shiloh head. Dad and mom both tell me that they are very proud that I'm doing so well. I feel good too, I've got lots more energy and don't have any trouble negotiating the front porch stairs; the back deck stairs are the next challenge.
- Sophie of The Bumpass Hounds

4 comments:

Gus said...

Sophie! We are so proud of you....you are ahead of your goal and still goin strong. We hope you get some more green beans. They are our favorites too!

gussie

pee ess.. we didn't realize you needed sigs from TN. Gonna sign up now.
g

Jan's Funny Farm said...

Wow, you have really done great! We're so proud of you for sticking to your diet plan and succeeding.

About yesterday's comment -- We signed up for your blog's RSS or atom or whatever feed you use to tell us when you update and it should show up in "My Blog List" in our sidebar. Only it doesn't. We put it in again last night but there's a tiny red X after your blog name, so we wonder if there might be something wrong with your feed?

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Jellybean! Keep up the good work, we are cheering for you!
Love,
Emmy, Crumb, Boomer & Aldo

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

That's great news! You're doing really great and all the help that your parents give you is good too. I really love carrots. When Mom is snacking on baby carrots, she always gives me a couple. It makes her laugh to watch me chew on the carrots.

Steve

FOR CHANCE, GORDON, HOMER, RADAR, SPENCER, CHANDLER, MAXDOG, LUKE & BLUE, AND SO MANY OTHERS.

National Canine Cancer Foundation

STEP UP TO ADOPT A PET

If you can, please consider opening your home to a homeless animal, preferably a dog or cat or other domesticated animal; livestock does better on farms and wild animals do better in zoos and parks. Your local Humane Society or SPCA or Animal Shelter has a wide selection of could be, should be, pets looking for new homes. If you can't adopt, perhaps you can at least become a sponsor. We'll show you how to help out Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary (AHGRRS) on our blog page, but you can help out any organization of your choice, but please help; contribute or volunteer.
- The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

PLEASE HELP SPONSOR A SENIOR OR SPECIAL NEEDS GOLDEN

CAN'T ADOPT; BECOME AN ANGEL.
So many Senior and Special Needs Goldens do not find "forever homes". Many of these dogs have above average medical needs and costs, are maintained on "special" diets, or have other extraordinary needs. Your donations can be targeted towards a particular Senior or Special needs Golden Retriever. As a sponsor, you will receive updates about your "special" Golden, and will be mentioned in our quarterly newsletter as the dog's sponsor. We also accept Paypal donations. Please keep in mind that we are a non-profit organization and that your donation is fully tax-deductible. Please just write the Golden's name in the memo line of your check or Paypal submission when sponsoring a Golden Retriever.

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT
Recommended by Boru; what more need we say?

TAKE THE PLEDGE

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

GORDON'S PHOTO ALBUM SLIDESHOW

Total Pageviews

BUMPASS HOUNDS PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones