Friday, April 3, 2009

FREAKY FRIDAY

Hey Hounders,
It me, Shiloh, a.k.a. the bag lady. We don't know why we named this post Freaky Friday but it has a nice ring to it. It has been a really gloomy spring so far; gray skies and water falling out of the sky: Rain. Max and I and J.E.B. and Shelby Belle and Abby have been spending a lot of time in the garage kennel in our crates. Jubal, Homer J., Jack and Sophie get to stay up in the house. Fortunately, dad puts us, me and Max, out in our pen if it isn't really raining. We've got a big house in the pen but we kinda like sitting on our wooden porches out in the rain. The weatherman guy on TV says it will still be raining today..YUK. But guess what? Tomorrow and Sunday we might not have any rain and it should be warmer. We need to dry out a little bit. The house is pretty muddy and mom's a little testy. Well, what do you expect when you've got 9 dogs coming and going in the paddock when it's raining all the time'
- Shiloh and The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

MOGLEY GOT A MESSAGE FROM MARLO. Wednesday we did our April Fool's post and also had some information about Sassy, the new foster dog staying with our blog buddies Mogley and Bella. Well Mogley got a message from Marlo, the dog that was rescued with Sassy but is staying at a different foster home. Mogley received a message from Marlo, Sassy's step sister. Below is a photo of Marlo. Here is what Marlo wrote; "Hi, I am Marlo. I am a 7 month old female golden retriever. I came to GRRR with my friend Sassy. Sassy went to stay with Mogley the Blog dog and I got to come over to their friends house. I arrived here last night. I had already eaten my dinner before I arrived but they gave me a good snack when the others ate so I wouldn't feel left out. I am just 7 months old so the extra calories sure won't hurt me at this point. There are 3 Golden's here and they have all been very nice to me. We went outside in the back yard and my foster dad threw tennis balls for all of us. We each had our own to retrieve! I ran with the big dogs. Don't tell them but I am faster than they are. Evelyn the golden senior here, she came from GRRR too, has been showing me the ropes. I have to admit I was scared last night and she let me snuggle up to her on the carpet during TV time. That sure made me feel better. I am right as rain today. Nothing like a good night's sleep, great breakfast and a photo shoot to make a girl feel better. Below are a couple of pictures from this mornings shoot.
Evelyn told me that I shouldn't unpack my bag completely as she is sure I will be adopted very quickly. She also said that the resident cats are off limits and that is one of the most important rules here. I was wondering what those furry things were. I was sure interested but I haven't so much as touched one of them. I was a little worried about my friend Sassy last night but my foster mom told me that she is in very good hands. That made me feel better for sure. My foster mom said to let everyone know that I am OK on a leash, I know to sit when told, I seem to be housebroken (so far). I don't understand that dog door thing but I have only tried it once with help. I am not a wild child but am still a puppy so I need someone that will take the time to give me a guiding hand and teach me all the things that will make me a great dog. Well, I am tired now and like all little ones I need a nap. I will write more when I can. - Marlo G Retriever"


MARLO NEEDS A LOVING FUREVER HOME
***********************************************
Most bad government has grown out of too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

3 comments:

Tracey and Huffle said...

It's raining here too. I don't like it.

I hope Marlo finds a home - she is very sweet.

Huffle Mawson

SGR said...

Woof! I'm so ready for Spring weather. It's been cold, rainy and the weather forecast for the weekend is rain/snow showers. Beautiful Marlo - hope she finds a home soon. I'm hoping to see soon some of my adopted golden friends. Have a great weekend. Los of Golden Woofs! Sugar

Joey said...

Hi Hounders! I hope it stops raining so your house can dry out! That's a lot of muddy pawprints! Guess what? I just passed some awards on to you.

See ya!
Joey

FOR CHANCE, GORDON, HOMER, RADAR, SPENCER, CHANDLER, MAXDOG, LUKE & BLUE, AND SO MANY OTHERS.

National Canine Cancer Foundation

STEP UP TO ADOPT A PET

If you can, please consider opening your home to a homeless animal, preferably a dog or cat or other domesticated animal; livestock does better on farms and wild animals do better in zoos and parks. Your local Humane Society or SPCA or Animal Shelter has a wide selection of could be, should be, pets looking for new homes. If you can't adopt, perhaps you can at least become a sponsor. We'll show you how to help out Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary (AHGRRS) on our blog page, but you can help out any organization of your choice, but please help; contribute or volunteer.
- The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

PLEASE HELP SPONSOR A SENIOR OR SPECIAL NEEDS GOLDEN

CAN'T ADOPT; BECOME AN ANGEL.
So many Senior and Special Needs Goldens do not find "forever homes". Many of these dogs have above average medical needs and costs, are maintained on "special" diets, or have other extraordinary needs. Your donations can be targeted towards a particular Senior or Special needs Golden Retriever. As a sponsor, you will receive updates about your "special" Golden, and will be mentioned in our quarterly newsletter as the dog's sponsor. We also accept Paypal donations. Please keep in mind that we are a non-profit organization and that your donation is fully tax-deductible. Please just write the Golden's name in the memo line of your check or Paypal submission when sponsoring a Golden Retriever.

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT
Recommended by Boru; what more need we say?

TAKE THE PLEDGE

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

GORDON'S PHOTO ALBUM SLIDESHOW

Total Pageviews

BUMPASS HOUNDS PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones