Saturday, May 23, 2009

SATURDAY STUFF

WEIGH-IN DAY

Heya Hounders,
It me, Sophie, with today's post. Nothing really organized today. The Urchin is over for Memorial Day weekend, so we're all happy about that. Of course she spent an inordinate amount of time out in the detached garage with that new puppy before she even came inside to she us. :-( But that's how it goes with puppies. We all remember someone being gaga over each of us at sometime. Unfortunately, we all get old. At least we don't have it too bad living as a Bumpass Hound. Mom and dad spend most of there time inside with us. Well, my training coach, Boogers Boru, has had me in training all week for today's bi-weekly weigh-in at Confederate Ridge Animal Hospital. I reached my lowest weight two weeks ago at 88 lbs. Mom is worry that I haven't lost anymore and might have actually gained a pound or two. Dad upped my food a bit because he said I was doing disgusting things out in the yard. I think it's just because I don't have as big a stock pile of fat anymore so it's harder to shed these last 13 lbs. Somehow mom has determined that 75 pounds is an ideal weight for me. Anyway, Boogers says that I'm in the best shape I've been since my arrival here. We're getting ready to load up for the drive up to town. Dad and the Urchin are taking me up there. I'll check in with y'all tomorrow with the results. Wish me luck.
- Sophie and The Bumpass Hounds.
ADDENDUM:Weigh-In Results = 82 lbs

11 comments:

Tank said...

Good luck Sophie!! I know how hard it is to lose weight... I keep trying without much success.

Gus said...

Good luck Miss Sophie...we know you can do it!


gussie d

Penny, Poppy & Patches said...

What is up with these hoomans! A year ago, when I, Patches, came here to live, I only weighed 32 pounds and you could see all my bones! Now, I weigh 55.8 pounds and my vet (AND my mom) says I need to lose 3 to 5 pounds! Maybe I need to try doing the disgusting stuff out in the yard!

Happy Memorial Day, everydoggie & kitty!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Joey said...

Hi Sophie! We think you're doing great on your weight loss. Have a nice time with the Urchin!

See ya!
Joey and Zeke

Mason Dixie said...

congrats on the weight loss, I know how hard it can be. =)

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

WOO HOO!! Just 7 more pounds to go! Wilbur says that your personal trainer will whip you into shape in no time! Then he mumbled something about wanting to whip some furry beasts around here, but I don't know what he is talking about.

Kat

Tracey and Huffle said...

82 pounds! You're gonna be a supermodel soon.

Huffle Mawson

Suzuki said...

Hi guys!
I'm just stopping by to let you know that Scooby & Lady have set a date fur their wedding. Stop by my blog to see how to RSVP if you would like to attend.
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx

Ms. ~K said...

Way to go....Buddy is on a diet too...he has a loooong way to go and is inspired by your weight loss!!!

The Army of Four said...

82?!?! Way to rock it!
Play bows,
Zim

DCampy34 said...

congrats - getting to be a lean mean fighting machine - okay maybe not - but you are doing great

woodrow

FOR CHANCE, GORDON, HOMER, RADAR, SPENCER, CHANDLER, MAXDOG, LUKE & BLUE, AND SO MANY OTHERS.

National Canine Cancer Foundation

STEP UP TO ADOPT A PET

If you can, please consider opening your home to a homeless animal, preferably a dog or cat or other domesticated animal; livestock does better on farms and wild animals do better in zoos and parks. Your local Humane Society or SPCA or Animal Shelter has a wide selection of could be, should be, pets looking for new homes. If you can't adopt, perhaps you can at least become a sponsor. We'll show you how to help out Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary (AHGRRS) on our blog page, but you can help out any organization of your choice, but please help; contribute or volunteer.
- The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

PLEASE HELP SPONSOR A SENIOR OR SPECIAL NEEDS GOLDEN

CAN'T ADOPT; BECOME AN ANGEL.
So many Senior and Special Needs Goldens do not find "forever homes". Many of these dogs have above average medical needs and costs, are maintained on "special" diets, or have other extraordinary needs. Your donations can be targeted towards a particular Senior or Special needs Golden Retriever. As a sponsor, you will receive updates about your "special" Golden, and will be mentioned in our quarterly newsletter as the dog's sponsor. We also accept Paypal donations. Please keep in mind that we are a non-profit organization and that your donation is fully tax-deductible. Please just write the Golden's name in the memo line of your check or Paypal submission when sponsoring a Golden Retriever.

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT
Recommended by Boru; what more need we say?

TAKE THE PLEDGE

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

GORDON'S PHOTO ALBUM SLIDESHOW

Total Pageviews

BUMPASS HOUNDS PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones