Friday, June 19, 2009

FINALLY, SOMEONE TO PLAY WITH ME.

HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY!

Heya Hounders,
It's your bestest blind Golden Retriever puppy buddy. Yep! It is I, none other than Radar The Magnificent. Ya know, ever since I got here to join The Bumpass Hounds, I've been trying to get anyone of the gang to play with me. Jenny just keeps stepping away from me. Alex slaps me silly and says I'm a pest. Boru is kinda OK but he's not very good at wrestling with me. Homer is very tolerant of my antics but he is pretty old and creaky so I don't want to break him. Jubal doesn't really like to be bothered and he hums at me a lot when I want to bite him. J.E.B. keeps his distance from me and he's too quick and agile to catch. I've heard stories about Jack taking on the Newfs so I try to avoid him. I don't think Abby likes me much; she just puts up with me so mom and dad won't yell at her. Shelby is afraid of me and has a 5 foot space "no entry" zone around her. The Newfs are in their pen most of the day and in the kennel at night so I don't get to interface with them. HOWEVER, the other new Bumpass Hound, Sophie, is a different story. Sophie used to just let me attack her without any response. But suddenly the other day she figured it out that I was just looking for someone to play with and she actually started to mouth me back when I torpedoed her out in the yard. Now she is very responsive and interactive with me. We can get so rambunctious that dad has to tell us very softly to
"KNOCK IT OFF."
Well, maybe not really so softly. Anyway, I've got some video of me and Sophie doing the "bitey face" game in the kitchen and in the foyer. Sometimes we play in the hallway and in the MBR and out on the deck. The great thing about "bitey face" is that you can play it anywhere and anytime the urge strikes you; even in a China Shop.



Who do you think is the winner of this "bitey face" match? Dad says that Sophie could really let me have it and that if I keep going for her ears she might just do it. I sometimes have to remind everyone that I'm at a big disadvantage here because I'm BLIND and can't see my opponent, but they can see me. I think I'm the winner, all of the time. What do you think?
- Radar and The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

8 comments:

Fred said...

Too close to call!

Mogley G. Retriever said...

Way to go Radar. Bitey Face is the most fun you can have with out a stuffed toy to destroy.

Mogley G. Retriever

Scout and Freyja said...

Boy, oh, boy, we watched the whole movie and it's really hard to tell who is winning! But if I HAD to make a choice I think I'd pick Radar because he's shorter and has to work harder so he gets extra points for all of his hard work.

Bob said...

Radar;

My brother Hamish & I love to play bitty face. But a lot of times he doesn't want to come down off our deck so I have to kind of help him along.
You can see us on You Tube if you type "Hamish come out and play" in the search box.

Sophie (sister of slug a bug Hamish)

Gus said...

Radar: You are clearly A Winner, look where you live! But I think Dad's advice about cutting Sophie some slack might be right...she doesn't look all that happy.

gussie d

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Bitey face is SOOOOO much fun!

I think woo are the champ!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Anonymous said...

Radar you are a bitey rock star!!
And Sophie is a champion sparring partner.
Love your videos.
You sure knew how to pick the best ever family.
TBH rule!!!!!!

C-pup

Tracey and Huffle said...

You should always win Radar because you're the cutest.

Huffle Mawson

FOR CHANCE, GORDON, HOMER, RADAR, SPENCER, CHANDLER, MAXDOG, LUKE & BLUE, AND SO MANY OTHERS.

National Canine Cancer Foundation

STEP UP TO ADOPT A PET

If you can, please consider opening your home to a homeless animal, preferably a dog or cat or other domesticated animal; livestock does better on farms and wild animals do better in zoos and parks. Your local Humane Society or SPCA or Animal Shelter has a wide selection of could be, should be, pets looking for new homes. If you can't adopt, perhaps you can at least become a sponsor. We'll show you how to help out Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary (AHGRRS) on our blog page, but you can help out any organization of your choice, but please help; contribute or volunteer.
- The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

PLEASE HELP SPONSOR A SENIOR OR SPECIAL NEEDS GOLDEN

CAN'T ADOPT; BECOME AN ANGEL.
So many Senior and Special Needs Goldens do not find "forever homes". Many of these dogs have above average medical needs and costs, are maintained on "special" diets, or have other extraordinary needs. Your donations can be targeted towards a particular Senior or Special needs Golden Retriever. As a sponsor, you will receive updates about your "special" Golden, and will be mentioned in our quarterly newsletter as the dog's sponsor. We also accept Paypal donations. Please keep in mind that we are a non-profit organization and that your donation is fully tax-deductible. Please just write the Golden's name in the memo line of your check or Paypal submission when sponsoring a Golden Retriever.

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT
Recommended by Boru; what more need we say?

TAKE THE PLEDGE

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

GORDON'S PHOTO ALBUM SLIDESHOW

Total Pageviews

BUMPASS HOUNDS PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones