Saturday, June 20, 2009

SOPHIE FIGHTS BACK

RADAR & SOPHIE BITEY FACE - ROUND TWO

Heya Hounders,
Well, it's me, Sophie, with an update to the Great Bitey Face Match. That little squirt, Radar, is a PITA; not to be confused with PETA. He's always torpedoing into me out in the front yard and around the house. He's always attacking me. For a few weeks I just let him get away with it. But just like that old Rock & Roll song sez; "I've Had It." If the squirt wants to play Bitey Face then Bitey Face is what he'll get. NEWS FASH TO RADAR: My mouth is bigger than yours and your head is smaller than mine. Heck, I can easily get your whole head into my mouth to bite it if the inclination strikes me to. My motherly instincts keep me from just flat out kicking your butt. I know how to use my fore legs to put you where you belong; on the ground flat on your back. We'll let all of the Hounders view Round 2 and see if they still think that you're so cute and cuddly and sweet. You've been getting the sympathy vote because they all think that your being blind is a handicap. I've got a News flash for the Hounders: RADAR IS NOT HANDICAPPED. He goes in and out the front door, he goes up and down the front steps. He goes in and out of his crate. He knows where, and when, he gets fed and he somehow seems to find his way to the correct place. He has no trouble at all finding outstretched hands with treats in them. He can quick as a flash find any treat that falls on the floor. He gets along just fine. Sure he has dented the walls and cabinets in a few places but that's no worse than having to endure dad's infamous "doggy nooggies." I really enjoy doing Bitey Face with Radar every now and then but Radar wants to do Bitey Face with me continually. Bitey Face first thing out of his crate in the morning; Bitey Face last thing at night before he beds down in his crate. Give me a break - PLEASE. Dad even has to put the little guy out on the back deck every now and then just so I can take a nap. So please, look at the video and let us know who really is the Bitey Face champ here. And Radar doesn't work any harder than me, he gets fed a lot of kibble and I'm surviving on green beans and carrots with just a pinch of Purina OM kibble so dad doesn't get arrested for starving me to death. I'm drawing on stored fat and I don't have a lot of that left. In fact I'm going for my bi-weekly weigh-in this morning and hope to be down to 82 lbs. Remember, I started this diet at 147 lbs just about a year ago. Well, wish me luck. that's about it for this morning. OBTW: Can anyone spot Jubal's participation in the Bitey Face Match?
- Sophie and The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties


4 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

I khan't wait to see The Rubber Match!

Khongrats on your pawesome redukhtion!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I would so love to play bitey face with the youngun'

Gus said...

Flatten His Faux Handicapped Self! Otherwise, he is gonna start that with somedog who really will put him in his spot.

Like Teka for example.

gussie

Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

Hey, I hear ya! - kids! I actually like the attention though, having been an only child for so long..
Morgan

Tracey and Huffle said...

I want to see the decider match!

Huffle Mawson

FOR CHANCE, GORDON, HOMER, RADAR, SPENCER, CHANDLER, MAXDOG, LUKE & BLUE, AND SO MANY OTHERS.

National Canine Cancer Foundation

STEP UP TO ADOPT A PET

If you can, please consider opening your home to a homeless animal, preferably a dog or cat or other domesticated animal; livestock does better on farms and wild animals do better in zoos and parks. Your local Humane Society or SPCA or Animal Shelter has a wide selection of could be, should be, pets looking for new homes. If you can't adopt, perhaps you can at least become a sponsor. We'll show you how to help out Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary (AHGRRS) on our blog page, but you can help out any organization of your choice, but please help; contribute or volunteer.
- The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

PLEASE HELP SPONSOR A SENIOR OR SPECIAL NEEDS GOLDEN

CAN'T ADOPT; BECOME AN ANGEL.
So many Senior and Special Needs Goldens do not find "forever homes". Many of these dogs have above average medical needs and costs, are maintained on "special" diets, or have other extraordinary needs. Your donations can be targeted towards a particular Senior or Special needs Golden Retriever. As a sponsor, you will receive updates about your "special" Golden, and will be mentioned in our quarterly newsletter as the dog's sponsor. We also accept Paypal donations. Please keep in mind that we are a non-profit organization and that your donation is fully tax-deductible. Please just write the Golden's name in the memo line of your check or Paypal submission when sponsoring a Golden Retriever.

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT
Recommended by Boru; what more need we say?

TAKE THE PLEDGE

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

GORDON'S PHOTO ALBUM SLIDESHOW

Total Pageviews

BUMPASS HOUNDS PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones