Tuesday, June 9, 2009

SOPHIE'S WEIGH-IN RESULTS

HOW AM I DOING
Heya Hounders, it's me, Sophie. Well I went for my bi-weekly weigh-in this last Saturday and my little buddy Radar came along. He got weighed too; he tipped the scale at 32 lbs. You might remember that four weeks ago I weighed 88 lbs and two weeks ago I supposedly weighed 82 lbs. That would be a 6 lb weight loss in two weeks. It was good news but, I'm afraid, it was incorrect. The scales were out of calibration. Turns out I probably weighed about 86 lbs which would be my standard 1 lb per week loss. Anyway, I'm still doing great. My weight is still 9 lbs below my target goal as it has been for about 2 months now. So I'm losing weight on a slow and steady pace. My goal weight Saturday was 93 lbs and I weighed in at 84 lbs. My total weight loss in a year, since early June 2008 when I weighed 147 lbs, is a total of 63 lbs; that's just about two Radars. Here is a photo of the former me, a.k.a. The Blob, under the kitchen table in December. Mom says I looked like a manatee or an engorged tick. I was pretty much a lump even though I had already lost 27 lbs from my 147 lb high. I weighed 120 lbs, 2 lbs OVER my goal of 118 lbs, when this first photo was taken.


Sophie in December at 120 pounds


Well, I get a lot more exercise now that I'm sleeker. I go up and down the stairs out front and in back to and from the 2nd story deck. I can chase critters and of course I have to run to keep out of Radar's attack range. he's always torpedoing me out in the front yard. I'm happier and healthier. Who'd a thunk it Wally? Well, here's much more recent photo of me at my current weight. What a difference.




A recent photo of me weighing about 84 pounds, down from a high a year ago of 147 pound


The below video shows me doing something that I obviously hadn't been able to do for a very long time; running like a real Golden Retriever. When I first came to be a foster Bumpass Hound, I couldn't run at all, I just waddled a different speeds from really, really slow to moderate walking speed. The squirrels in the front yard used to laugh at me and kick sand in my face. Now when I come out the front door, those pesky squirrels run for their ever loving lives up the trees (I wish I could do that). My little blind buddy Radar can't even keep up because I'm so swift.


- Sophie and The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_iQgXPqOdk







8 comments:

Tracey and Huffle said...

We are so proud of you Sophie!

Huffle Mawson

Gus said...

Sophie..you are Muzzer's inspiration! Congratulations.


gussie d

Bob said...

Sophie, what a job you have been doing losing all that weight. When your running you are a "Sleek Lean Golden Machine" Yea !!!!!!
Keep up the good work.

Fred said...

Good job on the diet!

GoldenSamantha said...

We're catching up too after a bit of a hiatus! WOW is the operative word! That is soooo impressive! What a great job and the running looks pawsome! Congrats, congrats, congrats! You are amazing and you look fabulous, girl!
Hugs and Love xo
Sammie

Joey said...

Congratulations on your weight loss, Sophie! You look great!

See ya!
Joey and Zeke

LUCKY LUKE said...

Congratulations Sophie! That is superb weight loss! Job well done! :-)

We just had a golden returned to GRRH. Years ago, we had both of his knees corrected, and his owners allowed him to pack the pounds on... His weight on return was 120 lbs. Such a shame... You are an inspiration! It can be done!

Loved the video! And happy to hear that Radar seems to be doing well!

wif love from the LUke

Allison (Dog Mom) said...

Wow, Sophie! Way to go! You are certainly making pawsome progress. You'll get down to your new weight soon enough with all of that pawsome running!

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo

FOR CHANCE, GORDON, HOMER, RADAR, SPENCER, CHANDLER, MAXDOG, LUKE & BLUE, AND SO MANY OTHERS.

National Canine Cancer Foundation

STEP UP TO ADOPT A PET

If you can, please consider opening your home to a homeless animal, preferably a dog or cat or other domesticated animal; livestock does better on farms and wild animals do better in zoos and parks. Your local Humane Society or SPCA or Animal Shelter has a wide selection of could be, should be, pets looking for new homes. If you can't adopt, perhaps you can at least become a sponsor. We'll show you how to help out Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary (AHGRRS) on our blog page, but you can help out any organization of your choice, but please help; contribute or volunteer.
- The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

PLEASE HELP SPONSOR A SENIOR OR SPECIAL NEEDS GOLDEN

CAN'T ADOPT; BECOME AN ANGEL.
So many Senior and Special Needs Goldens do not find "forever homes". Many of these dogs have above average medical needs and costs, are maintained on "special" diets, or have other extraordinary needs. Your donations can be targeted towards a particular Senior or Special needs Golden Retriever. As a sponsor, you will receive updates about your "special" Golden, and will be mentioned in our quarterly newsletter as the dog's sponsor. We also accept Paypal donations. Please keep in mind that we are a non-profit organization and that your donation is fully tax-deductible. Please just write the Golden's name in the memo line of your check or Paypal submission when sponsoring a Golden Retriever.

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT
Recommended by Boru; what more need we say?

TAKE THE PLEDGE

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

GORDON'S PHOTO ALBUM SLIDESHOW

Total Pageviews

BUMPASS HOUNDS PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones