Monday, July 6, 2009

I HAVE "RADAR" CONTACT

INCOMING!
Radar & Sophie

Heya Hounders,
It's me, the Sofa-Dofa; Sophie. It's been two weeks since I last reported on my diet progress. Mom and dad were away at Dizzyworld for 5 days and, unfortunately, my pet sitter wasn't required to prepare my cut beans and carrots diet. I got straight Purina OM kibble, which is better than what the other guys eat, but it isn't my normal diet. Dad didn't know how much straight kibble I should get, so he guesstimated about double what I get with the beans and carrots. My last weigh-in had me at 82 lbs, that's 9 lbs below my target schedule weight of 91 lbs. This weekend my schedule goal was 89 lbs. Because the 4th of July holiday was Saturday, dad took me up to Doc Witter's for my weigh-in on Friday, 3 July. All in all it wasn't too bad. I hadn't gained any weight, but I weighed-in at 81 lbs which is only a 1 lb loss for the two week period. I was bummed out. Dad said that I had done very good under the circumstances. He says that I'm still 8 lbs below my schedule goal and it's harder for me to lose weigh now that I'm down in normal dog weight range instead of the "morbidly obese" range. Now I'm back on cut green beans and carrots along with a small amount of OM kibble. I'm still hanging tough.
A short respite for Sophie & Radar
Speaking of hanging tough, that's what it is to be Radar's best friend here in The Bumpass Hounds pack; it's a tough job (but somebody's gotta do it). I must be My Fair Lady because I've grown accustom to his face; Radar's that is. A girl can't even do her business in peace without getting torpedoed by the Red Tasmanian Devil. Yes, I have Radar contact; all of the time it seems. Heck, I can't even take a much needed nap on the kitchen floor without being accosted in my dreams by TRTD (The Red Tasmanian Devil). Maybe it's my maternal instincts that give me so much tolerance for the little guy. I actually missed him when he went on vacation over to Sissy Sarah's while mom and dad were away. The little guy is growing like a tick sucking blood out of a dog's ear. Dad says that MAYBE he'll calm down a bit as he gets older. Isn't that what the they said about Attila the Hun? Oh well, what's a princess to do?
- Sophie and The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

CAN'T A GIRL GET SOME BEAUTY SLEEP - UNDISTURBED?

4 comments:

Ms. ~K said...

Sophie, you are such a patient sweetheart!
Hugs and Rubs,
Kit

Gus said...

Sophie...we think maybe it is YOUR blood he is sucking to grow so big. You are sooooo good not to smack him down.

gussie

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Good job on your weightloss, even if it's just one pound, that's better than nothing!

It's very sweet that you're Radar's best friend. I know how annoying boys can be, but I can't imagine my life with out mine (Steve).

Kat

Jan's Funny Farm said...

Sophie, It's your mom & dad's fault you didn't lose enough weight this last time. So they should suffer on the green bean, carrot and kibble diet with you.

We were never that obnoxious when we were young! Must be something in the water Radar drinks.

Ooops, Jan says that isn't true. We all were that obnoxious once. And some of us still are. Wait a minute. Who's she referring to?

FOR CHANCE, GORDON, HOMER, RADAR, SPENCER, CHANDLER, MAXDOG, LUKE & BLUE, AND SO MANY OTHERS.

National Canine Cancer Foundation

STEP UP TO ADOPT A PET

If you can, please consider opening your home to a homeless animal, preferably a dog or cat or other domesticated animal; livestock does better on farms and wild animals do better in zoos and parks. Your local Humane Society or SPCA or Animal Shelter has a wide selection of could be, should be, pets looking for new homes. If you can't adopt, perhaps you can at least become a sponsor. We'll show you how to help out Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary (AHGRRS) on our blog page, but you can help out any organization of your choice, but please help; contribute or volunteer.
- The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

PLEASE HELP SPONSOR A SENIOR OR SPECIAL NEEDS GOLDEN

CAN'T ADOPT; BECOME AN ANGEL.
So many Senior and Special Needs Goldens do not find "forever homes". Many of these dogs have above average medical needs and costs, are maintained on "special" diets, or have other extraordinary needs. Your donations can be targeted towards a particular Senior or Special needs Golden Retriever. As a sponsor, you will receive updates about your "special" Golden, and will be mentioned in our quarterly newsletter as the dog's sponsor. We also accept Paypal donations. Please keep in mind that we are a non-profit organization and that your donation is fully tax-deductible. Please just write the Golden's name in the memo line of your check or Paypal submission when sponsoring a Golden Retriever.

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT
Recommended by Boru; what more need we say?

TAKE THE PLEDGE

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

GORDON'S PHOTO ALBUM SLIDESHOW

Total Pageviews

BUMPASS HOUNDS PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones