Sunday, July 5, 2009

RADAR'S VACATION

RADAR'S V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N


<-- Radar At Sissy Sarah's House

Heya Hounders, It's Radar, the blind Golden Retriever puppy, with some news about my recent vacation. Last weekend mom and dad went to a big play park in Orlando, Dizzyworld or something like that. Anyway, all the other dogs and cats had Ms. Mary and Ms. Tammy pet sitting for them here in the house. I, however, was granted the special privilege of going over to my sissy Sarah's house and staying with her and her husband, the Beel (to avoid confusion with our dad, Bill), and their dogs, Boomer, Crumb, Emmy and Aldo. Boomer is big, lanky German Shepard, Crumb is a Besinji, Emmy is a Shelty and Aldo is a Cop. Yeah, Aldo is a working explosives detection dog (bomb dog) with the Pentagon's Force Protective Agency; The Pentagon Police. Aldo is a red Golden Retriever just like me. He can see and he has a tail but that's OK with me. He has a good nose so he can smell explosives hidden where they shouldn't be. I have a really good sense of smell too; I can find treats where they shouldn't be. When dad took me over to sissy's her and Aldo were at work but the Beel and the rest of their pack wre there to greet me. We all got along fine right from the git-go, which both dad and the Beel seemed to be surprised about. Crumb and I had fun playing. I even met Hemingway, a.k.a. Hemmi, one of the cats. Dad had to leave before Sarah and Aldo got home from work so he didn't witness how well we got along. Sarah took some pictures of me and Aldo playing so I thought I would post some of them for y'all to see. Evidently I'm getting bigger and growing; DUH! I had a lot of fun with Aldo and the gang. I want to thank Sarah, Beel and the gang for taking good care of me while mom and dad deserted me. In the pictures I'm the smaller guy with the shinny reflective collar and no tail. Y'all can click on each photo to see it in a larger view. I wish that I could see them; Sarah says that we were cute together. I had a swell time and hope I can visit there again. I hope y'all had a happy, and safe, Fourth of July holiday. - Radar and The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties













4 comments:

Bob said...

Radar;
It sounds like you had a great time while you Mom & Dad were at Dizzyworld. Ours goes there also sometime so we have heard about it.
That's sure is exciting to have Aldo Wow! a bomb sniffing dog. Our Dad is a retired Policemen so he know how important and special those kind of Dogs are.
We are just like you Radar, real good at sniffing out goodies and we really raise our detection alarms when we hear our Mom say Whoops!!! in the kitchen. That means she dropped something and believe us we are all over it.
Glad you had a good 4th.
Your Buddies,
Hamish & Sophie

Paco....Milo and mom..Simona said...

Woowowowowoooooo sweet Radar!!!!!
It sounds like you had a great time with your friend Aldo and the gang!!!
Wish were with you all and play together!!!!!
Grea great great photos of you and Aldo in action!!!
And sure you're growing sooo fast!!!!!
And every day you are more and more handsome!!!!
Thanks for sharing your super special day!!!!
Wish you to have another tons of days like this!!!!
lots of love and kisses

Jan's Funny Farm said...

You sure are a brave dog, going to a new place by yourself and making yourself at home. Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

What a great vacation! I can't believe one of your cousins is a police dog! That is very cool.

Steve

FOR CHANCE, GORDON, HOMER, RADAR, SPENCER, CHANDLER, MAXDOG, LUKE & BLUE, AND SO MANY OTHERS.

National Canine Cancer Foundation

STEP UP TO ADOPT A PET

If you can, please consider opening your home to a homeless animal, preferably a dog or cat or other domesticated animal; livestock does better on farms and wild animals do better in zoos and parks. Your local Humane Society or SPCA or Animal Shelter has a wide selection of could be, should be, pets looking for new homes. If you can't adopt, perhaps you can at least become a sponsor. We'll show you how to help out Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary (AHGRRS) on our blog page, but you can help out any organization of your choice, but please help; contribute or volunteer.
- The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

PLEASE HELP SPONSOR A SENIOR OR SPECIAL NEEDS GOLDEN

CAN'T ADOPT; BECOME AN ANGEL.
So many Senior and Special Needs Goldens do not find "forever homes". Many of these dogs have above average medical needs and costs, are maintained on "special" diets, or have other extraordinary needs. Your donations can be targeted towards a particular Senior or Special needs Golden Retriever. As a sponsor, you will receive updates about your "special" Golden, and will be mentioned in our quarterly newsletter as the dog's sponsor. We also accept Paypal donations. Please keep in mind that we are a non-profit organization and that your donation is fully tax-deductible. Please just write the Golden's name in the memo line of your check or Paypal submission when sponsoring a Golden Retriever.

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT
Recommended by Boru; what more need we say?

TAKE THE PLEDGE

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

GORDON'S PHOTO ALBUM SLIDESHOW

Total Pageviews

BUMPASS HOUNDS PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones