Saturday, July 18, 2009

TODAY IS MY DAY

Hey Hounders,
Y'all will never guess who's having a great day today; today is my day. Do any of you know a saucy 75.7 lb gorgeous girl Golden Retriever? Who could that attractive girl be?

Radar and I went to the CRAH today for weigh-ins. Radar is now 46.7 lbs and growing like gangbusters. And I, the mystery girl, tipped the scales at 75.7 lbs. Dad's scheduled weight for me today is 87 lbs. So I, the mystery girl, am 11 lbs below my goal weight. My total weight loss since June 1, 2008 is a mere 71 POUNDS. How about them apples? On the way home dad said that Radar and me both deserved a reward so he took us to McDonald's. He said it was OK for me to splurge because I was a little on the skinny side. Heheheheheheh. Yeah, right dad! Radar and I each has a double cheeseburger and some fries. I'll have to eat light tonight; those double cheeseburgers go right to my butt.
I feel really good about myself today. It's been a lean and mean year plus for me. Thanks to Purina OM kibble, cut green beans and carrots I've made it. Dad says that now he has to work out something called a maintenance diet for me. He says that we'll probably do at least two more bi-weekly weigh-ins to monitor my weight but then he thinks we'll only go for weigh-in once a month.
It's like a dream come true. I can just see it now! Just like a Hollywood musical on TV. Me and the girls singing about ME:

(Scroll to the bottom of the blog and "mute" the Somewhere over The Rainbow theme)


(SOPHIE)
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty and witty and bright!
And I pity Any dog who isn't me tonight.
I feel charming, Oh, so charming
It's alarming how charming I feel!
And so pretty That I hardly can believe I'm real.
See the pretty dog in that mirror there:
Who can that attractive dog be?
Such a pretty face,
Such a pretty coat,
Such a pretty smile,
Such a pretty me!
I feel stunning And entrancing,
Feel like running and dancing for joy,
For I'm loved By a pretty wonderful gang!

(SHILOH, ABBY, SHELBY, JENNY)
Have you met my good friend Sophie,
The craziest dog in the pack?
You'll know her the minute you see her,
She's the one who is in an advanced state of shock.
She thinks she's in love.
She thinks she's in Spain.
She isn't in love,
She's merely insane.
It must be the heat Or some rare disease,
Or too much to eat Or maybe it's fleas.
Keep away from her, Send for the vet!
This is not the Sophie we know!
Modest and pure,
Polite and refined,
Well-bred and mature And out of her mind!

(SOPHIE)
I feel pretty,
Oh, so pretty
That the city should give me its key.
A committee Should be organized to honor me.

(SHILOH, ABBY, SHELBY, JENNY)
La la la la . . .

(SOPHIE)
I feel dizzy,
I feel sunny,
I feel fizzy and funny and fine,
And so pretty,
Miss America can just resign!

(SHILOH, ABBY, SHELBY, JENNY)
La la la la . . .

(SOPHIE)
See the pretty dog in that mirror there:
(SHILOH, ABBY, SHELBY, JENNY)
What mirror where?

(SOPHIE)
Who can that attractive dog be?

(SHILOH, ABBY, SHELBY, JENNY)
Which?
What?
Where?
Whom?

(SOPHIE)
Such a pretty face,
Such a pretty coat,
Such a pretty smile,
Such a pretty me!

(SHILOH, ABBY, SHELBY, JENNY)
Such a pretty me!

(ALL)
I feel stunning And entrancing,
Feel like running and dancing for joy,
For I'm loved By a pretty wonderful gang!
-

- Sophie and The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties


7 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Khongrats!

Woo are a mere golden shell of your FURmer self!

That is kwhite something!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Congrats Sophie! We are so proud of you. You've lost about half of your body weight! Very impressive.

Steve and Kat

PS. Steve's a little (okay a lot) jealous of your McD's trip.

The Army of Four said...

You've lost 71 POUNDS?!?! That is an amazing accomplishment! Congratulations! And as all the girls gather around the mirror, admiring your beauty, Ammy and I are singing right along with the rest! WAY TO GO!!!!
Tail wags,
Stormy

Gus said...

Woooooo Sophie...many congratulations and good wishes for continued success. And also, congratulations on the double C! Wooo..I never have had more than half a Steak n Shake Single. But a treat is a treat in my book. Maybe if I get down below 30 pounds, Muzzer would get me a whole one? I'd work out for that.

gussie

Bob said...

Congrats Sophie, Great job, we wish our Dad could lose that much weight.

Hamish & Sophie

Brodie and Ailsa said...

ohh Sophie that is great, its so hard losing wieght, I had to lose some cause it was afecting my neck buts I didnt have to lose as much as yous did, its goods job we love our carrots

Tracey and Huffle said...

That's amazing Sophie. Well done!

Huffle Mawson

FOR CHANCE, GORDON, HOMER, RADAR, SPENCER, CHANDLER, MAXDOG, LUKE & BLUE, AND SO MANY OTHERS.

National Canine Cancer Foundation

STEP UP TO ADOPT A PET

If you can, please consider opening your home to a homeless animal, preferably a dog or cat or other domesticated animal; livestock does better on farms and wild animals do better in zoos and parks. Your local Humane Society or SPCA or Animal Shelter has a wide selection of could be, should be, pets looking for new homes. If you can't adopt, perhaps you can at least become a sponsor. We'll show you how to help out Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary (AHGRRS) on our blog page, but you can help out any organization of your choice, but please help; contribute or volunteer.
- The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

PLEASE HELP SPONSOR A SENIOR OR SPECIAL NEEDS GOLDEN

CAN'T ADOPT; BECOME AN ANGEL.
So many Senior and Special Needs Goldens do not find "forever homes". Many of these dogs have above average medical needs and costs, are maintained on "special" diets, or have other extraordinary needs. Your donations can be targeted towards a particular Senior or Special needs Golden Retriever. As a sponsor, you will receive updates about your "special" Golden, and will be mentioned in our quarterly newsletter as the dog's sponsor. We also accept Paypal donations. Please keep in mind that we are a non-profit organization and that your donation is fully tax-deductible. Please just write the Golden's name in the memo line of your check or Paypal submission when sponsoring a Golden Retriever.

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT
Recommended by Boru; what more need we say?

TAKE THE PLEDGE

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

GORDON'S PHOTO ALBUM SLIDESHOW

Total Pageviews

BUMPASS HOUNDS PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones