Sunday, August 23, 2009

SUNDAY FUNNIES

MEET THE NEWEST BUMPASS HOUND
Hey Hounders,
Hey y'all. I'd like to introduce myself. I'm the newest Bumpass Hound. My name is Zilla. I'm from a family line of a Japanese giant breed of green Golden Retriever. I'm a bit on the tall and heavy side. I'm a really hot dog. I'm considered a working dog. I'm great for all sorts of chores around the house. I'm great at burning leaf piles in the fall and I'm the one to call if you need a major metropolitan area demolished. I'm a good swimmer and some people say that I could live in the water. I don't bark much but I occasionally am known to bellow and roar. Just like other Goldens, I can wag my tail when I'm happy and excited, but watch out if it hits the furniture. I don't require any special food, I'll eat just about anything you throw my way; I'm a great scavenger. Unlike most Goldens and those pesky Siberan breeds, I don't shed a lot of hair around the house. I can heat the house in winter and char broil the steaks, burgers and hot dogs at those summer cook outs and barbeques. I'm more or less the alpha dog around the neighborhood. We won't be bothered by those yippy foofoo dogs out back anymore. I love going down to the lake for a daily swim and boat traffic has really dropped off since my arrival; I've pretty much got the entire lake to myself. It's really ironic that there's a nuclear power plant just a few miles northwest that I can swim up to; kinda reminds me of my origins. Did I mention that I'm a great guard dog and that home security is my specialty. Well here's a short video about a couple of the more traditional family pets that are also in that line of business. It's been a pleasure to meet y'all. Please stop in to give me a few pats if you're in our neighborhood. Just follow the smoke, sirens and military convoys.


- Zilla and The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties



TBH&K ARE IN A CONTEST
PLEASE HELP US WIN
IT'LL HELP
ALMOST HEAVEN
GOLDEN RETRIEVER
RESCUE & SANCTUARY
Animal Attraction, a social media networking site like Dogster.com, Catster.com, and Facebook, is a place where animal lovers can connect with fellow animal lovers, join forums, and find pet parenting advice. It is 100% free to join the site, although people do have to register in order to join.
And right now, new Animal Attraction members have an incredible opportunity to make a difference in the lives of pets. Animal Attraction sent an e-mail out to current members saying: “Our good friends at Petside.com are contributing $1 to The Petfinder.com Foundation for each of the next 10,000 FREE registrations on our site. In addition, the three (3) AnimalAttraction.com members who refer the most new members to our site by September 30, 2009 will get to select their favorite shelter or rescue group (the group must have official 501(c)(3) non-profit status - we'd select Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue & Sanctuary) to receive the following donations:
Top referrer - $500
2nd highest referrer - $250
3rd highest referrer - $100
This is a great opportunity to meet some new friends, and help some homeless pets in need.
So please register for free at AnimalAttraction.com and when you get to the question about How did you hear about AnimalAttraction.com say select "from an AnimalAttraction member" (BumpassHounds).

7 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

I wonder how long until the AKKh rekhognises your breed?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Scout 'n Freyja said...

We're on our way over there now!

Come on over today and help us get the word out to the Eagles about Mr. Vick! We has a furry im-paw-tant bloggy post taday!

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh, can we borrow that zilla guy if a bad storm comes to the south? I bet he could push it out of the way.

Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Scout and Freyja said...

Certainly you can use my post. Just let me know if you need any help. I have right click disabled, so I could just copy everything and send it to you, if you would like. Or, did you plan on writing your own?

Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

Oh,man, you Bumpassers had mom going there, she was all like "what the heck did they get now???" BOL. we are going back to see about the contest..
Morgan

Fred said...

Yipes! Scary!!

Jenifer said...

She's my bestest friend, so that made it easier.--
Jenifer
You cannot go wrong on the best security systems

FOR CHANCE, GORDON, HOMER, RADAR, SPENCER, CHANDLER, MAXDOG, LUKE & BLUE, AND SO MANY OTHERS.

National Canine Cancer Foundation

STEP UP TO ADOPT A PET

If you can, please consider opening your home to a homeless animal, preferably a dog or cat or other domesticated animal; livestock does better on farms and wild animals do better in zoos and parks. Your local Humane Society or SPCA or Animal Shelter has a wide selection of could be, should be, pets looking for new homes. If you can't adopt, perhaps you can at least become a sponsor. We'll show you how to help out Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary (AHGRRS) on our blog page, but you can help out any organization of your choice, but please help; contribute or volunteer.
- The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

PLEASE HELP SPONSOR A SENIOR OR SPECIAL NEEDS GOLDEN

CAN'T ADOPT; BECOME AN ANGEL.
So many Senior and Special Needs Goldens do not find "forever homes". Many of these dogs have above average medical needs and costs, are maintained on "special" diets, or have other extraordinary needs. Your donations can be targeted towards a particular Senior or Special needs Golden Retriever. As a sponsor, you will receive updates about your "special" Golden, and will be mentioned in our quarterly newsletter as the dog's sponsor. We also accept Paypal donations. Please keep in mind that we are a non-profit organization and that your donation is fully tax-deductible. Please just write the Golden's name in the memo line of your check or Paypal submission when sponsoring a Golden Retriever.

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT
Recommended by Boru; what more need we say?

TAKE THE PLEDGE

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

GORDON'S PHOTO ALBUM SLIDESHOW

Total Pageviews

BUMPASS HOUNDS PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones