Friday, April 16, 2010

FRIDAY RECOUNTING

HOMER J. WENT TO SEE THE VET

Hey Hounders,
Well I meant to tell y'all about my miserable weekend.  Seems that last Saturday morning Mom noticed that my right ear was kinds standing out straight from my head.  When she looked at it, the inside of my ear flap was all inflamed and red and hot.  The vet's office didn't have any open appointments but the vet, Dr. Newman, told dad to give me 20 mg of Prednisone a day until I was to come in on Tuesday.  When dad brought me in on Tuesday morning it was with instructions not to feed me after midnight Monday so we all thought I was gonna have hematona surgery.   Turns out I didn't need surgery.  Dr. Collins had my ears cleaned really good because I had developed a fungal yeast infection in both ears.  She thinks that it is caused by allergies, probably food because my butt was inflamed too.  I got my butt shaved and medicated.  Now I'm on an anti-inflamatories and I have a  stronger ear cleaning solution than the blue water.  Dad also has to clean my ears and then rub otomax ointment on the inside of my ear flaps each night.  The pollen is really bad around here this year.  I'm being weaned back onto Science Diet for Sensitive Skin kibble and I'm getting Dinovite supplement to help settle my allergies.  I'm doing lots better, thanks to Dr. Collins and Dr. Newman at the Confederate Ridge Animal Hospital.
- Homer J and The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties


JENNY'S HOUSEHOLD HINTS


To remove old wax from a glass candle holder, put it in the freezer for a few hours. Then take the candle holder out and turn it upside down. The Wax will fall out.

 
It's fun to cook. Today I made angel food cake. The recipe said beat 12 eggs separately. The neighbors were nice enough to loan me the extra bowls.
***********
STAND-UP BORU
Morris, an 82 year-old man, went to his doctor to get a physical. 
 A few days later, his doctor saw Morris walking down the street with a gorgeous young woman on his arm. 
 A couple of days later, the doctor spoke to Morris and said, 'You're really doing great, aren't you?' 
Morris replied, "Just doing what you said, Doc: 'Get a hot mama and be cheerful.'' 
 The doctor said, 'I didn't say that.. I said, 'You've got a heart murmur; be careful.'
 
****************

Please Vote Daily for
Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary
Capon Bridge, WV
  Click Here
The Animal Rescue Site 
Luke, our newest spokesdog for Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary, says that we need your help!
 

Detailed instructions are on the right side bar.

 
A VERY SPECIAL PUP
Three year old Luke is a total sweetheart.  He has never met a person or pet that he didn't love.  Luke is eager to please, and he is crate trained.  Luke is also deaf, so he will need a fenced yard and someone who will understand his only handicap is his inability to hear.  Luke is in a situation a lot like our dog Radar who is blind.Luke needs a home.  If you can't adopt, maybe you can sponsor.
You can check him out at:

9 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

A full post of good stuffs!

HEARS to a GReat Friday!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Nubbin' Tails said...

A shaved behind?! I know about that. That had to shave me when I got my nubbin'. All the way up to the bottom or my ridge. I don't know what was more humiliating the saved rear or the lamp shade!

Hope you are back on the mend soon Homer!

Wags!

Mr. Nubbin'

Sheila and Bob said...

Oh Homer;

We are so sorry that your allergies are acting up, it is very bad this year.
Hope you feel better real soon.
Jenny , thanks for the time & Boru you would be great on the late show....BOL


Hamish & Sophie

Gus said...

Yup...allergies are very bad this year! Me and Teka are having itchy feets, so now we have to have them rinsed every time we come inside! And all because we were lickin' a lot. Best of luck with the shaved rear, we hope Sophie doesn't make fun of ya.

gussie

JackDaddy said...

Yes, this post was like a bowl of Chex Mix - you just get all sorts of good things in it! :)

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Whew! We are sure glad you don't have to have surgery. That wouldn't be any fun.

Steve

the booker man said...

good gravy, homer j! i'm glad your ears and booty are feelin' a little better today. hope you're back to 100% very very fast like!
*woof*
the booker man

Anonymous said...

Homer J., we are stopping by to see how you are doing. Feeling any better today?
We love the pictures of your cats. Our two cats just come in to eat.

Take care of yourself!

The Baumgaertner wild horde

Sheila and Bob said...

Hey Homer; Hope your feeling better today and hope your have a great weekend.


Hamish & Sophie

FOR CHANCE, GORDON, HOMER, RADAR, SPENCER, CHANDLER, MAXDOG, LUKE & BLUE, AND SO MANY OTHERS.

National Canine Cancer Foundation

STEP UP TO ADOPT A PET

If you can, please consider opening your home to a homeless animal, preferably a dog or cat or other domesticated animal; livestock does better on farms and wild animals do better in zoos and parks. Your local Humane Society or SPCA or Animal Shelter has a wide selection of could be, should be, pets looking for new homes. If you can't adopt, perhaps you can at least become a sponsor. We'll show you how to help out Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary (AHGRRS) on our blog page, but you can help out any organization of your choice, but please help; contribute or volunteer.
- The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

PLEASE HELP SPONSOR A SENIOR OR SPECIAL NEEDS GOLDEN

CAN'T ADOPT; BECOME AN ANGEL.
So many Senior and Special Needs Goldens do not find "forever homes". Many of these dogs have above average medical needs and costs, are maintained on "special" diets, or have other extraordinary needs. Your donations can be targeted towards a particular Senior or Special needs Golden Retriever. As a sponsor, you will receive updates about your "special" Golden, and will be mentioned in our quarterly newsletter as the dog's sponsor. We also accept Paypal donations. Please keep in mind that we are a non-profit organization and that your donation is fully tax-deductible. Please just write the Golden's name in the memo line of your check or Paypal submission when sponsoring a Golden Retriever.

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT
Recommended by Boru; what more need we say?

TAKE THE PLEDGE

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

GORDON'S PHOTO ALBUM SLIDESHOW

Total Pageviews

BUMPASS HOUNDS PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones