Thursday, June 17, 2010

TERRIFIC THURSDAY

TODAY IS OUR
600th
POST
**************
ALL-STAR SHELTER CHALLENGE

PLEASE VOTE
Check the top of the right side bar. --->
AHGRRS is #1 in WV with 23.26% of the state vote.
The #2 shelter has 11.86%.

That's a 11.40% gap; that's opened by 0.12 % more than yesterday.





PLEASE VOTE FOR SUGAR

Sugar received this WCIU Newsletter
Check Out what it says ...
Woof! Woof! Sugar might make it. She is one of the Top 4 Dogs
competing to be the Top U Dog for the month of June.
She has lots of Golden BLISS.
But what she needs is LOTS of your Golden votes.
Sugar sends y'all lots of Golden Thanks.
Your support is very much appreciated.
Click Here to VOTE!
Sugar says:
If you VOTE, Please try to Leave a Comment. On the voting page, scroll down for the comment fields. Comment first then VOTE.

Lots of Golden Woofs,

TERRIBLE TORTURE DEVICE
Yesterday, Wordless Wednesday, we posted 3 photos of Sophie wearing her new licker restrainer. It replaces the big Elizabeth Collar/Weapon that Sophie (actually most of us at one time or another) had to wear whenever we opened a hot spot. Dad says that it's probably only about 95% as effective as the C.O.S. because if she strains, Sophie can still get to her hind legs. But she doesn't knock stuff over, she can negotiate stairwells and she can eat unencumbered. It didn't come with extensive directions and the ones printed on it are rudimentary at best. Dad has had to do a little experimenting to try to get it to work better. It even has a built in muzzle attachment but we don't usually require muzzling; just nuzzling.
- TBH&K

HOMER'S ZEN TEACHINGS
Dear Butterflies, I, Homer J., often lay among my followers and study the energy of our environment and ponder upon the wisdom of our ancestors. From this trait they have taken to calling me Master. As patriarch I am indeed Master; The Zen Master. It is important to be at peace with ourselves as well as at peace with others. I am often enlightened by mysterious disclosures which I feel obligated to share with you. This morning as I lay beside the large ginger cat called Boru, I suddenly realized the following thought:

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead.

Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow.
Do not walk beside me for the path is narrow.
In fact, just piss off and leave me alone.
- Homer J., The Zen Master

STAND-UP BORU
Hey Hounders,
In this morning Metropolitan Bumpass Gazzette I noticed this ad in the classified section:


FOUND DIRTY WHITE DOG:
Looks like a rat. Been out a while.
Better be a big reward.


(Maybe it was Tank or Fred?)


I was hanging around with Homer J. this morning and suddenly was overwhelmed with the questions of life that seem to always be around him. Anyway, i thought i'd share some of these questions; and the answers that I feel are most appropriate:

1. How many men does it take to open a beer?
None. (It should be opened when she brings it.)
-----------------------------------------------------------
2. Why is a Laundromat a really bad place to pick up a woman?
Because a woman who can ' t even afford a washing machine will probably never be able to support you.

-----------------------------------------------------------
3. Why do women have smaller feet than men?
It ' s one of those ' evolutionary things ' that allows them to stand closer to the kitchen sink.

- Boru

11 comments:

Sam said...

I'm not sure that the not-a-cone-collar collar looks very comfortable, but I do admit having a golden try to squeeze between your legs while wearing one isn't comfortable!

Sam

Tank said...

Dirty white dog isn't me. Well, I AM dirty, but it's not me.

Tell Boru he should get a new joke book... he seems to be stuck in the 50's.

KT and Lady said...

Homer is indeed very wise. He is my new hero.

Here is a Seattle joke:

How many Microsoft employees does it take to screw in a light bulb?

ZERO - they just declare darkness a new industry standard.

Gus said...

Well, we are somewhat comforted by the idea of the collar being less restrictive and less dangerous than the CONE! And Boru nailed it again.

gussie
gotta go vote.

Sugar the Golden Retriever said...

Woof! Woof! Hi There ... Just want to let you know that I read your hidden email message at the voting comment page. Oh! My! Mmmm I have 2 Golden LOVE - LOVE truly found me at the age of 8. Lots of Golden Woofs. I am very flattered. Oh! Oh! I guess Homer n I sure have a connection today, Thursday. We are both having a ZEN day. Check out my post for today. Again ... Lots of Golden Thanks. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hey Bumpass Hounds!! I just wanted to let you know that I've thought about you the last couple of days--I just got 2 dogs from your neck of the woods--They came from AHGRR--Miss Carol had them for awhile and I wonder if you know them?

By the way, I've used one of the collars that your sweet Sophie is styling--They worked okay for our pup, but he was like a rubber-banded magician and could get to anything that needed licking on him! :-))) I hope you have a Terrific Thursday!!!

Fred said...

Interesting! I wonder if Old Girl will let me try that collar the next time I have a hot spot!

Sheila and Bob said...

Certainly a unique collar, will be interested to see just how effective it is.
Me & Sophie are like 'bulls in a china shop" when we have the dreaded cone on, not to mention everyone we take out with shots to the back of the knees.
Homer & Boru, you guys should get together and take you act on the road, you are much funnier than what you see on TV these days.

Hamish & Sophie

Jan's Funny Farm said...

Buddy has been testing a different type of collar to stop him from chewing. Ha! He is a contortionist.

Congrats on your 600th post.

JackDaddy said...

But how's the TV receptions with that thing? :)

Fin said...

Happy 600th Post! Wow concats!!

FOR CHANCE, GORDON, HOMER, RADAR, SPENCER, CHANDLER, MAXDOG, LUKE & BLUE, AND SO MANY OTHERS.

National Canine Cancer Foundation

STEP UP TO ADOPT A PET

If you can, please consider opening your home to a homeless animal, preferably a dog or cat or other domesticated animal; livestock does better on farms and wild animals do better in zoos and parks. Your local Humane Society or SPCA or Animal Shelter has a wide selection of could be, should be, pets looking for new homes. If you can't adopt, perhaps you can at least become a sponsor. We'll show you how to help out Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary (AHGRRS) on our blog page, but you can help out any organization of your choice, but please help; contribute or volunteer.
- The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

PLEASE HELP SPONSOR A SENIOR OR SPECIAL NEEDS GOLDEN

CAN'T ADOPT; BECOME AN ANGEL.
So many Senior and Special Needs Goldens do not find "forever homes". Many of these dogs have above average medical needs and costs, are maintained on "special" diets, or have other extraordinary needs. Your donations can be targeted towards a particular Senior or Special needs Golden Retriever. As a sponsor, you will receive updates about your "special" Golden, and will be mentioned in our quarterly newsletter as the dog's sponsor. We also accept Paypal donations. Please keep in mind that we are a non-profit organization and that your donation is fully tax-deductible. Please just write the Golden's name in the memo line of your check or Paypal submission when sponsoring a Golden Retriever.

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT
Recommended by Boru; what more need we say?

TAKE THE PLEDGE

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

GORDON'S PHOTO ALBUM SLIDESHOW

Total Pageviews

BUMPASS HOUNDS PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones