Tuesday, February 8, 2011

PLEASE VOTE FOR JUBAL TODAY

VOTE FOR ME; PLEASE.

Hey Hounders,
Today, Tuesday, February 8th is voting day for MANGO MINSTER 2011 "Good Old Dog" category in which I, Jubal (a.k.a. Jubey, Jubes, Big Jubes) am a contestant.  I would be most 'preciative if'n ya'll could take a minute of your valuable time and pop on over to the Mango Minster 2011 web-page and cast a ballot or two in my favor. To see my entry post click here.  Today Mango will post voting buttons in the sidebar of his blog (as soon as his Momma wakes up) then ya'll will have approximately 32 hours to cast your votes for Reader's Choice in the category (don't worry, there will be a count down timer on his blog).  I did a preparatory post yesterday so ya'll could get to know me a bit better.  I'm the longest serving member of The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties pack.  I was a discount puppy when mom picked me to join; that was about 11 years ago; seems I was a barker so I was still there after all the other puppies were gone.  I was chained to a doghouse under a high intensity halogen light post; mom says that's why I sleep with my eyes clinched shut so tightly. I can remember Rusty, and Penny and mom's first rescue dog Bear; we called him OBD for Old Bear Dog.  
OBD, Penny, Me and Rusty

They're all gone to The Rainbow Bridge now but they told me that they were happiest they could be while they lived in our pack.  Of course we weren't TBH&K at that time cuz mom and dad hadn't moved down here to the lake in Bumpass yet.  I kinda looked like a big stuffy when I first came home.  There were just four of us way back then.  Rusty was my mentor.  He played with me and mom says that he did a pretty good job.   
Me and my Ribbon
My Ribbon
.
.
.
.


I'm a graduate of Dog manners and Obedience training and a certified A.K.C. Canine Good Citizen.  Mom and dad can take me to social events and I'm always very well behaved.  I'm totally socialized with people and animals. Mom says that I can be trustedHomer J. is the senior Bumpass Hound although he's only been here about 3 years.  We all show Homer J the reverence and respect (well maybe Patti could be more respectful) he deserves for his life experiences. Homer J. is a true rescue dog who did considerable time in a high-kill shelter; but  AHGRRS saved him when he was scheduled to be euthanized. We're lucky to have him as our mentor. 
All TBH and K toys are mine by parental decree but I occasionally let the other guys and gals play with them.  I get a rawhide chew after breakfast each morning and I carry it around with me chewing on it for an hour or so.  It takes me a long time to finish it off.  I  like to lounge on the big bed in the MBR when I'm not otherwise occupied.  I'm a bit big to be a lap dog now, but I'm usually lying on the floor at mom or dad's feet in the TV den during the evening.  I believe in live and let live.  I'm just a Good Old Boy; please vote for me and if you could, please ask your friends, neighbors, kids, postman and co-workers to vote for me to.
- JUBAL 

I'm in this short video:

Throw it again dad
Swimming in my lake
I love pumpkin pie
A nice day
My 2007 Potrait


Can I swing, mom?
I like my cuz.
















Handsome Boy - Me
Out in the snow

Comfy by the fireplace
Me lounging on the sofa




















Me and Shelby Belle
In the driveway




On the floor

Happy Hearts Cookies
Can I lose the hat?


Me and J.E.B.
Me and Homer J.






I love belly rubs

HELP!

WE NEED SOMEBODY, NOT JUST ANYBODY
WE'RE LOSING BADLY - PLEASE HELP US
YOU KNOW WE NEED SOMEONE
WON'T YOU PLEASE, 
PLEASE HELP ME?
HELP ME, HELP ME.


I ove my chewie
Alex and Me

Boru and me
 
PLEASE DON"T FORGET TO VOTE IN THE ANIMAL RESCUE SITE'S SHELTER CHALLENGE  AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN EVERY DAY.

WE DESPERATELY NEED YOUR VOTE TODAY, WE ARE FALLING FURTHER BEHIND #1 IN WV 

THANK YA'LL FOR YOUR VOTE 
If you try to leave a comment on our blog but are unable to, please drop us a line at:

bumpasshounds@hughes.net 
so that we know we have a problem and can try to fix it.  

=======================

PLEASE VOTE FOR AHGRRS


The above link will take you to the Animal Rescue Site where you will get to click to donate a free bowl of food to homeless animals. After you do that you will be presented with a "Thank You" page; at the top center of that page please click on the "VOTE TODAY" button. That will then take you directly to the voting page. The only information that you need to enter is to select "WV" as the State from the drop down menu and enter "Capon" for the City. Then click on "Search." The page will then do its' thing and will end up showing "Almost heaven Golden Retriever Rescue & Sanctuary, Inc. Capon Bridge, WV 26714." A "VOTE" button will also appear. Click on that "VOTE" button. After you vote you will see a confirmation page that requires you to identify an animal photo; this eliminates illegal machine voting. The answer is simply the type of animal that you see; dog, cat, turtle, fish, cow, etc. - not a specific breed. You can cast one vote everyday from as many different computers to which you have access. Voting will run for 10 weeks.  You can have the Animal Rescue Site send you a daily reminder to "click" for free food; then you can vote in the All-Star Shelter Challenge. The more friends you can rally to vote the better our chances of winning. Every vote, every day, every computer - counts. 
In the West Virginia state competition, as of 2/08/2011, AHGRRS is in 2nd place but finally starting to close the gap a bit.. We can change backto #1 again over a few days if ya'll don't give up your effort---- VOTE  We've got 17.08% of the WV vote today, up from yesterday when we had 15.18% ;  #1 has 24.85% and yesterday they had 24.88%.  There's now a 7.77% gap (9.70% yesterday) which we, hopefully, can continue to close in just a week of heavy voting. We're now at #118 nationally; yesterday we were #118.  The WV #1 shelter is at #59 nationally (yesterday #59); now 59 spots ahead of us; it was 59 spots ahead of us yesterday. We are truly appreciative of your voting efforts on our behalf.  Please, let's keep up the surge.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO HELP
VOTE
AND PLEASE TRY YOUR DARNEST TO GET OTHERS, FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS, TO ALSO VOTE

6 comments:

Sheila and Bob said...

Jubal,
You have our vote, love all of your photos, love to some day meet you.


Hamish & Sophie

JackDaddy said...

That was one of the bestest posts I have ever read. If i could vote for you ten thousand times I would do it!

Huffle Mawson said...

I just went and voted for you, Jubal.

KT and Lady said...

The kitchen, cookie video is priceless. What a great crew you have. We vote as often as possible.

Lady sends her Golden loves to Homer.

Homer said...

Jubal! We voted for you! Good luck and don't forget us if you win Mango Minister!

Go Jubal!

Love,
Homer

mayziegal said...

I went and voted. It looks like you've got lots of votes! Good luck, Jubal!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

FOR CHANCE, GORDON, HOMER, RADAR, SPENCER, CHANDLER, MAXDOG, LUKE & BLUE, AND SO MANY OTHERS.

National Canine Cancer Foundation

STEP UP TO ADOPT A PET

If you can, please consider opening your home to a homeless animal, preferably a dog or cat or other domesticated animal; livestock does better on farms and wild animals do better in zoos and parks. Your local Humane Society or SPCA or Animal Shelter has a wide selection of could be, should be, pets looking for new homes. If you can't adopt, perhaps you can at least become a sponsor. We'll show you how to help out Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary (AHGRRS) on our blog page, but you can help out any organization of your choice, but please help; contribute or volunteer.
- The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

PLEASE HELP SPONSOR A SENIOR OR SPECIAL NEEDS GOLDEN

CAN'T ADOPT; BECOME AN ANGEL.
So many Senior and Special Needs Goldens do not find "forever homes". Many of these dogs have above average medical needs and costs, are maintained on "special" diets, or have other extraordinary needs. Your donations can be targeted towards a particular Senior or Special needs Golden Retriever. As a sponsor, you will receive updates about your "special" Golden, and will be mentioned in our quarterly newsletter as the dog's sponsor. We also accept Paypal donations. Please keep in mind that we are a non-profit organization and that your donation is fully tax-deductible. Please just write the Golden's name in the memo line of your check or Paypal submission when sponsoring a Golden Retriever.

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT
Recommended by Boru; what more need we say?

TAKE THE PLEDGE

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

GORDON'S PHOTO ALBUM SLIDESHOW

Total Pageviews

BUMPASS HOUNDS PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones