Friday, March 2, 2012

REMINISCENCES OF MAX



YOING MAX


MAX - THE EARLY DAYS:
BABY MAX (4 DAYS OLD)
Hey Hounders,
It's My turn. My turn. My turn. IT'S MY TURN. This is Max, over. Anybody out there? I am 4 years old now, going on 5, I weigh about 150 lbs.  I may not be too eloquent. That's my very handsome portrait over there in the right side margin. I'm the distinguished looking black and white dog, not the lazy looking one lying down. I'm a Newfoundland, well more specifically, I'm a Landseer. Here in America us Landseers are part of the Newfoundland Dog breed, but across the pond (the big Atlantic pond) we are our own breed. So it all depends on where you are looking at us from. But I digress. For some reason known only to her (certainly not to dad), mom wanted to get a Newfoundland water dog once they (mom and dad) moved down by Lake Anna, here in ole Virginia. They already had a boring brood of Golden Retrievers but the Goldens didn't provide the degree of excitement and surprises that us bigger canines are capable of providing. So late last spring 2007 mom started searching on the Internet for a Newfoundland breeder in the central Virginia area (How am I doing?). She came across Brookstone Newfoundlands in Chesterfield, VA
MAX + SIBLINGS (4 DAYS OLD)
(http://www.brookstonenewfoundlands.com)  I was born in April 2007. My dad is Falco, a rather striking young stud whom I obviously take after, and my mom is Shiloh; you can see them there on the website. Ah, how do I insert one of my baby puppy pictures (as opposed to my big puppy picture)? Oh yeah, I remember. This is me when I was little. Wasn't I a cute little guy? Kinda look like a teeny weeny Holstein; moooooooooooo.
MOMA SHILOH + PUPS
My dog mom, Shiloh, had 7 of us on April 21, 2007; 1 Landseer Female, 2 Landseer Males, 2 Black Females & 2 Black Males. Looking over the family album, I believe that I was the cutest, most handsome and most promising of the brood. When I was about 2 months old, mom and dad came down to Chesterfield to pick me out. Well they didn't know that they were gonna pick me, but since dad wanted a Landseer, I had at least a 33.3% chance and since mom wanted a yucky boy dog my probability of being chosen actually rose and stabilized at 50%. I had to strut my stuff to impress mom and make sure that she would choose me to take home with her. That's me strutting my stuff for mom in the picture right over there <--. I must've strutted pretty awesomely 'cause I got picked. I wasn't ready to actually leave Brookstone yet so mom & dad had to wait another couple of weeks before I was old enough to strike out on my own, with their help, to face the challenges of the world.
End of Chapter One
MAX (TBH+K)
 
MAX + MOM @ TRYOUTS (8 WEEKS OLD)


2 comments:

Sheila and Bob said...

Interesting story Max, our Dad has always liked Newfoundland and Bernese Mountain dog.

You sure have a fine Mom & Dad.


Hamish & Sophie

Gus said...

Max!

We are enjoying your story.

Couldn't have picked a nicer family, so you did good.

gussie n teka

FOR CHANCE, GORDON, HOMER, RADAR, SPENCER, CHANDLER, MAXDOG, LUKE & BLUE, AND SO MANY OTHERS.

National Canine Cancer Foundation

STEP UP TO ADOPT A PET

If you can, please consider opening your home to a homeless animal, preferably a dog or cat or other domesticated animal; livestock does better on farms and wild animals do better in zoos and parks. Your local Humane Society or SPCA or Animal Shelter has a wide selection of could be, should be, pets looking for new homes. If you can't adopt, perhaps you can at least become a sponsor. We'll show you how to help out Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary (AHGRRS) on our blog page, but you can help out any organization of your choice, but please help; contribute or volunteer.
- The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties

PLEASE HELP SPONSOR A SENIOR OR SPECIAL NEEDS GOLDEN

CAN'T ADOPT; BECOME AN ANGEL.
So many Senior and Special Needs Goldens do not find "forever homes". Many of these dogs have above average medical needs and costs, are maintained on "special" diets, or have other extraordinary needs. Your donations can be targeted towards a particular Senior or Special needs Golden Retriever. As a sponsor, you will receive updates about your "special" Golden, and will be mentioned in our quarterly newsletter as the dog's sponsor. We also accept Paypal donations. Please keep in mind that we are a non-profit organization and that your donation is fully tax-deductible. Please just write the Golden's name in the memo line of your check or Paypal submission when sponsoring a Golden Retriever.

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT

A MUST READ FOR THE IN-THE-KNOW CAT
Recommended by Boru; what more need we say?

TAKE THE PLEDGE

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

GORDON'S PHOTO ALBUM SLIDESHOW

Total Pageviews

BUMPASS HOUNDS PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones